[Snort-users] Hi Im new to Snort and I keep getting wierd errors....please help !

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Apr 25 15:55:01 EDT 2003

At 06:04 PM 4/25/2003 -0400, Gill, Rob wrote:

>I loaded Snort 2.0 on a win2k pro machine and configured using IDSCenter
>1.1 RC2 so the snort.conf looked like this:

<snip>

>include E:\Snort\rules\deleted.rules

Do not include deleted.rules. These rules are KNOWN to be broken, which is
why they are in that file in the first place. The alert you are getting is
from a rule which is in deleted.rules, and well, it's known to not work
right, so don't be surprised that it doesn't work right.