[Snort-users] Problem logging to postgres

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Fri Apr 25 11:04:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 12:11, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
> > Can you log in by hand (with psql) using the snort account and do things
> > like "\dp" and "select * from sensor;" ?
> Yes I can.

Then the db is okay :)

> A question, should I disable logging to file in the command line to enable
> output plugin or something? Every time i start snort i got this:
>  command line overrides rules file alert plugin!

uhm, yes. If you use logging/output configs in the command line, they
will override the snort.conf. Specify your log file in snort.conf in
addition to the db, and you should be in good shape.

Frank