[Snort-users] Problem logging to postgres

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Fri Apr 25 07:51:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 12:30, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
> >           - First create a user - for this example we will use
> > "snortusr"
> >           - now grant the right privileges for that user
> >           > grant INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snortusr at ...274...;
> On my postgres this causes Parse error near .
> Im recreating all tables and permissions now to try again.

Roger,

that line wasn't supposed to be used as it was listed (neither is the
original one in the doc). If you snort user account is snort, use the
lines below as they are.

Frank

--->8---

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE "schema" FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE signature FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE signature_sig_id_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE sig_reference FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE reference FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE reference_ref_id_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE reference_system FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE reference_system_ref_system_id_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE sig_class FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE sig_class_sig_class_id_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE event FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE sensor FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE sensor_sid_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE iphdr FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE tcphdr FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE udphdr FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE icmphdr FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE opt FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE data FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE "encoding" FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE detail FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE "schema" TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE signature TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE signature_sig_id_seq TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE sig_reference TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE reference TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE reference_ref_id_seq TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE reference_system TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE reference_system_ref_system_id_seq
TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE sig_class TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE sig_class_sig_class_id_seq TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE event TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE sensor TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE sensor_sid_seq TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE iphdr TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE tcphdr TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE udphdr TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE icmphdr TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE opt TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE data TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE "encoding" TO snort;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON TABLE detail TO snort;