[Snort-users] snort + email + alert

Patrice.Arnal at ...4604... Patrice.Arnal at ...4604...
Fri Apr 25 07:34:04 EDT 2003

Hi

I think that you can upgrade the answer in the faq with logsurfer.

http://www.cert.dfn.de/eng/logsurf/

This is a very nice free product that DOES NOT REQUIRE perl and this is a
great advantage when you are "short" in CPU/memory ...

Cheers ! Prosit ! a votre santé !

Patrice ARNAL

Matt Kettler <mkettler at ...4108...>
Sent by: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
22/04/2003 19:09

        To:     "Mario Karcevski" <mario at ...8952...>,
<snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Snort-users] snort + email + alert

At 10:23 AM 4/22/2003 -0400, Mario Karcevski wrote:

>Hi,
>

>What would be easiest way to set snort for alerting on Linux / Windows
and
>to email those alerts.
>
>Opinion and link to good article will be appreciated.

This question is a part of the snort FAQ:
http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#5.7

5.7 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: How do I get snort to e-mail me alerts?

A: Log to syslog and use swatch or logcheck.

You can look up swatch here:
         http://swatch.sourceforge.net/

-------
As per http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/drinking_game.txt the
original question is a 5 drink post when playing snort-users drinking
game:

Take one drink if.....
         The question is answered in the FAQ.
         The reply is "It's in the FAQ"