[Snort-users] Snort not seeing all traffic?

PJ p.jones.ml at ...8985...
Thu Apr 24 11:37:06 EDT 2003

Ok, following what you said, I looked for  the preprocessor lines in my
config and saw nothing for portscan2, I created the preprocessor, though I
was wondering if I should leave all the values  blank?

Also, I checked the rules and noted that the ones I was concerned about
(cmd.exe ...) are activated...why would Snort not see this type of attack
(my guess is several reasons, all that are beyond my education level at
this moment I fear)?

Thanks for all the help folks.

~PJ