[Snort-users] Problem logging to postgres

Emmanuel Dardaine emmanuel.dardaine at ...8313...
Thu Apr 24 07:14:34 EDT 2003

Hi Roger,

I'm using Postgres without any problem. The only issue I've been facing was
due to the username to access the DB. I created specific Postgres users,
granted the rights (select, insert) as specified in documentation, but I was
still unable to make it run properly. I finally turned back to postgres
user, and had it working fine. Since we're in a hurry on that project, I'll
let run Snort with that user.

My sources of documentation:
- http://www.kellys.net/snort/
- a personnal installation file (in french, but most of commands are
readable) I could provide you with if you wish...

Regards,
Emmanuel