[Snort-users] swatch alternatives?

Jim Prewett download at ...8982...
Wed Apr 23 11:45:07 EDT 2003

I'm currently using Logsurfer, its not too bad (the syntax takes some
getting used to, but it is more powerful IMO than swatch).

I've been hearing lots of good things about SEC (which I believe is
written in perl also, so you may be in for the same pain).
http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!
Jim

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Chris wrote:

> I have been trying to setup swatch so that my snort alerts can be sent via
> email but I am running into problems.  I can not seem to get some of the
> needed perl modules installed.
>

> What other alternatives is there that will do this?  I tried to find
> logwatch but it points to a cisco error page.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Chris Romano

James Prewett
HPC Systems Engineer @ HPCERC  -- download at ...7671... Jim at ...8983...