[Snort-users] HTTP traffic not being scanned after upgrade from 1.9.1 to 2.0.0

Kevin Van Der Hart kvanderhart at ...8975...
Wed Apr 23 07:41:51 EDT 2003

After upgrading from 1.9.1 to 2.0.0, the rules for HTTP traffic such as the
WEB-IIS and WEB-FRONTPAGE rules are not working. HOME_NET, HTTP_SERVERS, and
HTTP_PORTS are set properly. Other rules such as DDOS rules are working
fine. Permissions are set the same on all .rules files and all are included
in the snort.conf file. I have upgraded 2 separate web servers and both are
having the same issues. I can look at my web server logs and see several
frontpage attempts that were getting logged before the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

-----
Kevin Van Der Hart
Systems Administrator