[Snort-users] Snort 2.0 as a Windows Service??

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Apr 23 06:45:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, kerberos K wrote:

[...snip...]

> database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
> database: configured to use mysql
> database:          user = snort
> database: password is set
> database: database name = snort
> database:          host = 127.0.0.1
> database:          port = 3306
> database:   sensor name = Websrv15e
> database:     sensor id = 2
> database: schema version = 106
> database: using the "alert" facility
> database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
> database: configured to use mysql
> database:          user = snort
> database: database name = snort
> database:          host = 127.0.0.1
> database:          port = 3306
> database:   sensor name = Websrv15e
> ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...263...'
> (Using password: NO)
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>
> >From reading some of the archives, I suspect this is a a Mysql error. Being
> a novice though, I'm curious as to how simply upgrading Snort would affect
> my Database tables and permissions?? Also, reading Michael Steele's
> documentation on this (as well as how I configured it with 1.9.1), the
> service should be running prior to even configuring MySql...

You've got 2 db output plugin lines in your snort.conf.  Remove the second
one and all should be well.  Use the one that has a password listed, since
that's what the second seems to be failing on.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams