[Snort-users] new user, great product, but ...

Allen, Garrett Garrett.Allen at ...8966...
Tue Apr 22 13:42:17 EDT 2003

sorry.  red hat 8.0.  thanks for the tips.  2.0 shows as beta on the
snort.org web page and i try to avoid beta software.  might i enquire as to
the nature of the vulnerability?

thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: twig les [mailto:twigles at ...131...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 4:37 PM
To: Allen, Garrett; 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] new user, great product, but ...

You didn't mention your OS, but since you have a /var I can
safely suggest quotas to at least make sure /var doesn't hit
%100.  Once you get mysql up you can stop logging to the flat
text.  If you are wondering if there is a method of making a
signature fire once/100 alerts or something like that then I
don't think that exists.

BTW, 1.9.1 has a vulnerability so as long as you're doing a
fresh install you might as well use 2.0.

=====