[Snort-users] Invalid Iterface with snort 2.0.0...

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Tue Apr 22 13:24:12 EDT 2003

Confusion resounds in this thread.  I initially thought that Mohammad
attempted multiple service installs, and that the initial install (i.e., the
one that didn't specify an interface) was the one that took but was causing
problems.

However, if I read Mohammad correctly, he's getting the invalid interface
error when *while* attempting to install the service.  My suggestion was two
fold: 1) put the '-i' in the front of the command line, which will probably
make no difference, and two, put a space between '-i' and the interface
number, which may make a difference, depending how Snort obtains it's
parameters from the registry.

Hopefully confusion is now gone.  :-S

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 4:14 PM
To: 'L. Christopher Luther'; mohammad at ...8960...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Invalid Iterface with snort 2.0.0...

Christopher,

I'm confused at this point. Has he installed the service or not? His
last message to your post was:

"I said that I did not installed the service."

Well, if he has not installed the service then of course the error he is
getting using the "/INSTALL /SHOW" is correct. He first needs to install
the service.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com