[Snort-users] Invalid Iterface with snort 2.0.0...

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Apr 22 13:05:16 EDT 2003

Mohammad,

If you have installed the snort service for a previous installation of
some kind, like using the Microsoft INSTSRV.exe program, you MUST remove
the service using that program (INSTSRV.exe) or Snort will not install
the service. Go into the registry and see if there is an entry in
HKLM/System/Services and if there is you might be able to delete it with
no after effects, but if you used INSTSRV.EXE to install the service, it
would be better to use that program or any other program that created
the service to remove it.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com