[Snort-users] Invalid Iterface with snort 2.0.0...

Chris Reid Chris.Reid at ...2817...
Tue Apr 22 12:48:12 EDT 2003

This is a response to both:
    "Snort 2.0 as a Windows Service??"
    "Invalid Iterface with snort 2.0.0..."

Suggestion #1:
-------------------------------------
Look in the Windows Event Viewer for further information on the cause of the
error.  Recent Win32 versions of snort 1.9 and 2.0 create Windows Event
messages whenever FatalError's are encountered.

Suggestion #2:
Keep snort installed where it currently is.  Open a Command Prompt window,
and change into the directory "C:\".  Now try running snort from the command
line again, keeping everything identical to how you ran it before.  You
should double-check that all paths in your snort.conf file are "absolute"
paths, not "relative" paths.  See if any error messages are displayed in the
Command Prompt when you run snort from this new working directory.

Chris Reid