[Snort-users] snort + email + alert

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Apr 22 10:13:30 EDT 2003

At 10:23 AM 4/22/2003 -0400, Mario Karcevski wrote:

>Hi,
>

>What would be easiest way to set snort for alerting on Linux / Windows and
>to email those alerts.
>
>Opinion and link to good article will be appreciated.

This question is a part of the snort FAQ:
http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#5.7

5.7 --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--

Q: How do I get snort to e-mail me alerts?

A: Log to syslog and use swatch or logcheck.

You can look up swatch here:
         http://swatch.sourceforge.net/

-------
As per http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/drinking_game.txt the
original question is a 5 drink post when playing snort-users drinking game:

Take one drink if.....
         The question is answered in the FAQ.
         The reply is "It's in the FAQ"
Take three drinks if.....