[Snort-users] Invalid Iterface...

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Tue Apr 22 10:03:15 EDT 2003

I believe that Snort can only be installed one time as a service under
Win2K.  Also, before actually performing the service install, you should get
Snort up-n-running as a console app first.

Try launching Snort like 'snort -W', observe the list of interfaces under
Win2K, then try Snort like:

    snort -c e:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l e:/snort/log -ix

where 'x' is the interface listed by '-W' for which you would like Snort to
listen on.

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohammad Alimohammadi [mailto:mohammad at ...8960...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 12:23 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Invalid Iterface...

Dear All,
When I want to install snort as a service in win2k whit every this
commands:
snort /install /service -c e:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l e:/snort/log
snort /install /service -c e:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l e:/snort/log -i1
snort /install /service -c e:/snort/etc/snort.conf -l e:/snort/log -i2

I have got this error:
ERROR: Invalid interface '0'.Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have 2 network adapter...
Any suggestion???

Thanks...