[Snort-users] snort 2.0.0 with mysql

Mike Chandler mchandl12000 at ...131...
Mon Apr 21 10:45:26 EDT 2003

I use "./configure --prefix=/usr --with-mysql=/usr"
then "make" and "make install".

I installed mysql from rpm's that I downloaded from
http://mysql.orst.edu/Downloads.

I have found that make install doesn't copy everything
over so you will have to copy your snort-2.0.0/etc
directory to your /etc/snort directory and modify your
/etc/rc.d/initd./snortd file.

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:22:32 -0500
From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
<delavegad at ...7768...>
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort 2.0.0 with mysql ..

Hi all ..  and bless . ...

My system  R.H. 7.3 kernel 2.4.18  download snort
2.0.0 .tar.gz  + ACID
+ MYSQL ..

./configure snort with mysql ..   all appears ok ..
in the process ..
 appears " checking for mysql = yes

but ..  when  do  snort -i eth0 -c
/etc/snort-2.0.0/etc/snort.conf

have the same error ( everybody knows that error  )
snort not compiled
with mysql . ..  I prove it with--mysql=/usr/lib ..
but also can't
function ..

any ideas .. ?