[Snort-users] How to handle BPDU packet in Snort?

twig les twigles at ...131...
Mon Apr 21 10:45:12 EDT 2003

BPDUs are basic keepalives for STP (Spanning Tree Protocol, not
Stone Temple Pilots).  Since they work at L2 there is no way for
Snort to not see them short of turning STP off, which you can do
if you have a very simple infrastructure and are CERTAIN that no
switching loops will occur.  I see no reason to worry about
Snort or TCPDump seeing these.

=====