[Snort-users] Snort on Wireless (Absent jusqu'au 29/07/2002)

Pascal Painparay pascal.painparay at ...8874...
Mon Apr 21 08:28:06 EDT 2003

Je suis absent jusqu'au 21/04/03 inclus.
En cas d'urgence, Vous pouvez contacter :
  Christophe Savin au 01 49 15 32 75.

Cdt
Pascal Painparay

"Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS)" <Pradeep.Sadanapalli at ...8430...> writes:

> Hi, Anyone running snort on RedHat for wireless network interface?
> I need help on this...still my problem is not resolved. I have
> already mailed once this problem.  When I am running snort in daemon
> mode on my Lucent orinoco wireless network card, networking is
> getting disabled. I had to restart the network.

Lots of wireless cards have issues with being in promiscous mode.  Try
a different card, talk to the driver author, or run 2 wireless cards
in your box, one for sniffing, one for using.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.