[Snort-users] Acid slowness

francisv at ...6732... francisv at ...6732...
Mon Apr 21 07:23:16 EDT 2003

Did you also modify your my.cnf like this?

set-variable    = key_buffer=96M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M
set-variable    = table_cache=64
set-variable    = sort_buffer=8M
set-variable    = net_buffer_length=8K
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M
set-variable    = record_buffer=2M
set-variable    = record_rnd_buffer=2M

-----Original Message-----
From: Dusty Hall [mailto:halljer at ...8709...]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 3:28 AM
To: vulcan20mm1 at ...5068...; mike at ...8840...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Acid slowness

Did you take a look at the snort supplied optimize script?  Essentially
you can just login mysql, use snort, optimize each table (optimize table
acid_ag,acid_events....etc).  That usually works pretty well for me.

-Dusty

>>> Mike Mentges <mike at ...8840...> 4/16/2003 1:24:15 PM >>>
That is a kick ass sounding processor where can I get one? :-P or
imagine
a dual setup...... 30000mhz w00t :-P

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Comcast wrote:

> I am running snort 1.9 with RH 8.0 on an amd 15000 processor with 512
ram.
> I have configured mysql 3.23.52, php, and acid with snort.  It works
great.
> I apreciate all those who have contributed to the design and
documentation.

> I was wondering why after the server boots up it only takes 4 secs to
load
> the acid page and after the server has been running a while it takes
112
> secs or more.  I have used the web interface to clean up the mysql
tables
> but this did not seem to help.
>
> The database has about 6500 alerts in three months which is not alot
to me.
> I was just hoping someone had an explination or away to tweak it.
>
> If I use webmin or anyother web page it comes up quick.  So is it the
way it
> queries the DB that is causeing the problem.  I thought that might be
it by
> why after the system reboots is it so quick?
>
> Thanks in advance for help on this issue.
>
> Rod

Snort-users list archive: