[Snort-users] Problems with ACID

Slighter, Tim tslighter at ...5174...
Mon Apr 21 07:22:14 EDT 2003

FYI for everyone. I have located the catalyst for the deviant behavior of
this anomaly. A Snort, MySQL, ACID implementation does not work as expected
(at least for me) if using GTK and Gnome and using the web browser from the
same system. To be more specific, with Snort, MySQL and ACID installed on
the system, along with Apache and using the Mozilla browser from the same
system created the problems that we have been experiencing.  However, using
a client browser from a remote system did not produce the unacceptable
behavior. This could very well be an isolated event but after working on
this in every possible way for weeks and getting the same results every
time.....