[Snort-users] snort: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10 symbol error with Redhat 9

Paul D. Shaffer paulshaf at ...741...
Sat Apr 19 10:06:07 EDT 2003

You have to go back and either manually select or install the
mysql-devel rpm to make that library available...

Paul D. Shaffer, RHCT, CNA
Systems Engineer
NORAD USNorthcom J6S (JCSC)
home: (719) 574-8394
cell:    (719) 339-0737

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Chandler
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 9:49 AM
To: Elvira_Byrnes at ...8560...;
snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort: relocation error:
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10 symbol error with Redhat 9

Just an update.
This appears to be a bug, or I am just really out to
lunch.  I get the above error when I start out with RH
8 and get snort 2.0.0 working with mysql and then
upgrade to RH 9.  I get the same error message if I
build RH 9 and snort 2.0.0 with mysql support from
scratch.  If I take out the mysql support the problem
goes away.

any body have any thoughts other than don't upgrade to
RH 9.0?