[Snort-users] MySql-Acid logging

Cilin cilin5 at ...131...
Fri Apr 18 12:58:02 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

I just set up Snort as a service and all the juicy
programs along with it. When I open the acid_main.php
i have no evidence of any intrusion(everything is 0).
Do you guys know a program or a way i can generate an
alert so i test to see if my configuration works.

Also would a port scan be considered an alert, because
i try scanning from a home network but no alerts were
detected. I am blaming this on the network switch
rather than the alert problem.

thnks for any input in advance,

=====
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu