[Snort-users] RE: (Off List) Two items that are hard to digest...

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Thu Apr 17 12:15:02 EDT 2003

I wasn't attempting to gripe about either you personally or those on the
Snort-users list for not answering one particular post.  After all, the
"free support" is really only at everyone's personal time anyway.  So, no
apology from you is necessary.

My comment about the lack of answer was only to say that I'm not moving
anywhere near Snort 2.x any time soon.  So that make me one of those
"hundreds if not thousands".  :)

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 3:06 PM
To: 'L. Christopher Luther'
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: (Off List) Two items that are hard to digest...

Chris,

There are hundreds if not thousands of Snort 1.9.1 users out there that
can't update to 2.0 at this time, and it doesn't matter what platform they
are on. Sure there is a fix for this Stream 4 vulnerability, but in turn
that opens up another vulnerability. So what are they to do?

All I can do as one person is let my concerns known and try to get some
constructive feedback so others out there know there is a definite problem,
and that they are not alone.

I absolutely have no ax to grind with anyone.

I try my best to help anyone that I can. If you posted a message in the
Snort Users group and I failed to reply then I'm truly sorry. I get a LOT of
personal email for support and that is a really good way to contact me.
-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com