[Snort-users] Alert file exceeds 2GB

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Thu Apr 17 10:37:14 EDT 2003

:: The problem that I'm running into is importing a snort log file in
:: tcpdump format into a mysql db using snort.  While importing this log
:: the alert file grows to the filesystem 2GB limit and then exits.  My
:: question is why does it write to the alert file when I'm importing into
:: mysql.  The snort.conf file that I'm using only has this for the output
:: line:

This question has been answered a couple times on the list previously.
Please check the archives and you should find what you're looking for.

Cheers - Erick