[Snort-users] Editing rules within Webmin

Robin Brown robin_brown at ...6115...
Thu Apr 17 10:23:05 EDT 2003

I had to comment out the line "var RULE_PATH /etc/snort/rules" in
snort.conf as I specified the full path to my rules files due to having
some in different directories.

Then in Webmin under the module config, I set Full path to Snort rule
files directory to "/".  Now I am able to edit all my rules files from
within Webmin.

-Robin

Message: 5
From: Paul Jacobs <Paul.J at ...3007...>
To: "'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
	 <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:04:10 -0700
Subject: [Snort-users] Editing rules within Webmin

I am trying to edit snort rules within Webmin.  When ever I select a
rule
file I get a message like:

Rule file cannot be found (/etc/snort/rules/$RULE_PATH/multimedia.rules)

I have tried editing the full path to rule file in the module
configuration
and editing the $RULE_PATH variable but can't seem to get the right
combination to make this work.  Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

-Paul Jacobs
Systems Administrator
Alaska Power and Telephone