[Snort-users] Two items that are hard to digest...

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Apr 17 09:16:03 EDT 2003

Matt,

Go to http://www.snort.org and read the "Snort Advisory: Integer Overflow in
Stream4". This needs to be patched in 1.9.1. I saw a post somewhere that
there is an unofficial patch floating around, but we need one that is
official and available on Snort.org.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com

From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler at ...4108...]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 9:06 AM
To: Michael Steele; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

At 07:46 AM 4/17/2003 -0700, Michael Steele wrote:
>1. Why is Snort 1.9.1 not being patched? IMHO this is a big mistake as some
>users are not ready for 2.0.x yet.

Can you be specific about what patches do you want to see in here? I'm not
seeing any real problems with 1.9.1, so it's hard for me to digest what
you're asking for. I assume others might view it the same.

I certainly don't see any problems which constitute a "BIG" mistake, so I'm
kinda confused here.