[Snort-users] RSA Conference 2003

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Apr 17 08:59:16 EDT 2003

Jim,

One of our engineers went to the Sun booth and the guy was walking all over
himself trying to explain the operation of the box. They did know some
things about the box but (IMHO) not enough to be talking about it,
especially to potential customers.

There was one company, catty cornered from our booth (forgot the name), but
they had a hardware solution that was firewall, antivirus and had 7 other
items in the box. They had this guy that was placed in a straight jacket as
a gimmick for their product, and he explained the product the whole time he
was being placed in the jacket until he got free from the jacket. We heard
this 20 times. We noticed that he was describing the product word for word
every time right down to the grunts he was making while he was getting out
of the jacket. There was also some other booths that had some gimmicks.
Microsoft's boot, I thought was very good. The 20 minute seminars were very
informative concerning Server 2003.

I parked all day: $18.00 ouch....

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com