[Snort-users] Two items that are hard to digest...

Jose Vicente Nunez Z josevnz at ...7052...
Thu Apr 17 08:47:14 EDT 2003

Is sad than the SNMP support was removed; I think that feature was very
important because if you have a very good NMS (like OpenNMS) you can
centralize all the notifications and redirect them to the appropriate
groups (something the Snort doesn't have and it shouldn't).

Also the user base for Snort 1.9 (the one that is not ready to move yet
to 2.0) would benefit for such patch (for example we just commented out
the preprocesor line because we don't have the time to deal with the
lack of SNMP output support on Snort 2.0).

Does anyone know if the SNMP support will be added to the application
anytime in the future?

Thanks in advance,

JV.