[Snort-users] Two items that are hard to digest...

Sam Evans sam at ...5202...
Thu Apr 17 08:16:18 EDT 2003

inline ...

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Michael Steele wrote:

> All,
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Why is Snort 1.9.1 not being patched? IMHO this is a big mistake as some
> users are not ready for 2.0.x yet.

I would have to agree with this..  Seems like not patching snort 1.9.1 is
a cheap strongarm tactic to get people to move to 2.0.0

> 2. Why was there a 2.0.0 Release announcement when in fact there is no such
> release? If you download the 2.0.0 release you get Snort 2.0.0 RC5 b72.

Hmm..  When I do a snort -V I get this:

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.0 (Build 72)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)

Seems like it's the real meal deal to me.  Maybe you got an old tarball?