[Snort-users] Fw: DATETIME Data Type? Snort & Acid Intrusion Dectection Packages broken with 7.3.2 Release

David Benham dcb at ...8904...
Wed Apr 16 11:33:24 EDT 2003

Create_postgresql contrib script fails with Postgresql 7.3.2 - see below.

----- Original Message -----
From: dcb at ...8904...
To: pgsql-general at ...8905...
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 10:02 AM
Subject: DATETIME Data Type? Snort & Acid Intrusion Dectection Packages broken with 7.3.2 Release

I've been using Postgresql 7.2, Snort, & Acid as our intrusion detection package.  Recently, I attempted upgrade to Postgresql 7.3.2.  The database schema generation scripts provided with both Snort & Acid include a "DATETIME" data type.   These same scripts worked with earlier versions Postgresql, but fail with 7.3.2.

I can find no evidence that Postgresql ever supported a DATETIME data type..... yet the schema scripts executed without error in earlier releases.  The scripts do not use "CREATE TYPE" to create a DATETIME data type.  I see no evidence it's been dropped in looking at the build/release history.

Anybody have any idea what's going on here?  Has support for a "DATETIME" data type been dropped?  Current Snort & Acid schema require a DATETIME data type, and reference it in the database generation scripts.  So, both those products now fail with Postgresql.