[Snort-users] snort, postgres, acid

Jason jason at ...2977...
Wed Apr 16 06:42:17 EDT 2003

Okay, this is most likely better suited to the acid mailing list, but
since I dont have that address off hand, maybe someone here could help.

After much fighting with postgres (yes I currently have it functioning
just fine with mysql, however the performance for very very high alert
counts on mysql is horrible, even more so during archival of the approx
50k+ alerts a day) I have snort logging to pgsql, and acid reading pgsql,
however when attempting to archive, I get the following error

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:ERROR: Bad int8 external representation ""

I searched the archives, I found a few posts involving this problem,
however no solutions.  Any ideas...