[Snort-users] /etc/init.d/snort file, Snort 1.9.1

Elvira_Byrnes at ...8560... Elvira_Byrnes at ...8560...
Wed Apr 16 00:26:10 EDT 2003

Hi All

Found the fix for my own problem. I copied the file onto the floppy from a
Windows machine, then transferred to the Linux machine.
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=65134

Elvira

-----Original Message-----
From: Elvira_Byrnes at ...8560...
[mailto:Elvira_Byrnes at ...8560...]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 April 2003 10:39 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: FW: [Snort-users] /etc/init.d/snort file, Snort 1.9.1

Hi Everybody

 I am trying to configure three instances of Snort. I have three files
snort_border, snort_lan, snort_dmz in /etc/init.d/. I get an error ":bad
interpreter: No such file or directory" if I try to start, stop or restart.
The instances woudn't start during the startup of the machine. The error in
/var/log/messages is the same for every instance.

The permissions on the thre files in /etc/init.d/ are -rwxr -xr -x owned by
root.

Could you please look into the file and help me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Elvira

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error, please
delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the sender specifically states them to be the view of the company.