[Snort-users] snortrules.tar.gz

Andreas Östling andreaso at ...236...
Tue Apr 15 22:49:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> Speaking of rules.....recently the url for the rules changed.  I know this
> because oinkmaster stopped downloading them. :-)
>
> I finally got around to correcting the url this morning, however when I
> tried to run oinkmaster it still couldn't download the rules - even though
> I can go the url, click on the link and download them directly.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Or am I unique?

Hmm... I've been using
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-stable.tar.gz and
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-current.tar.gz for a long time
(default in oinkmaster 0.7) and they still work.

What's the error message you get? (preferably when running with -v)

(Maybe your'e running oinkmaster from a host behind a firewall that
doesn't allow traffic to the new www[123].snort.org addresses?)

/Andreas