[Snort-users] Windump doesn't work now.

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Tue Apr 15 07:19:05 EDT 2003

Don't know for sure if this is related, but winpcap v3.0 removed support
for ndis drivers which has caused some of the ported utilities to fail
under some circumstances. Earlier posts indicate the winpcap change
killed isdn use and probably some other interfaces. I've noticed NMapWin
does not work across a VPN connection with v3.0.

I went back to winpcap v2.3 and all is well again. Unless you need v3.0
for the multiprocessor fix, it would appear staying with v2.3 offers
more flexibility with more utilities then just snort.