[Snort-users] No output to ACID

Joerg Weber j.weber at ...8292...
Tue Apr 15 05:04:09 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I don't mean to sound rude, but this type of question has been answered
on the list quite a few times, here[0] for example.
Anyways:

> database: compiled support for ( mysql )
> database: configured to use mysql
> database:          user = *****
> database: password is set
> database: database name = snort
> database:          host = 192.168.0.2
> Node unique name is: 192.168.0.2
> database:   sensor name = 192.168.0.2
> database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...8885...'
> (Using password: YES)
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
>
> I am unsure why I am getting this access denied message for mysql? is
> that the problem?
Your snort can't connect to the mysql-db on 192.168.0.2, because the
user snort at ...8885... ist not allowed to do so.

> How can I solve this?
Try to connect to your msyql-db FROM YOUR SNORT HOST like
mysql -h192.168.0.2 -usnort -p
and enter the passwd you configured.
If that's not working, you've a password/permissions problem.
Then you need to assign the proper permissions to that user on your
system. Check out [0] for some examples, or look at [1]- very nifty.

[0] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104448820502192&w=2
[1] http://www.superhac.com/index.html
--
Joerg Weber