[Snort-users] No output to ACID

Jill Tovey jill.tovey at ...8678...
Tue Apr 15 01:47:09 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I have installed snort 1.8.7 with apache, mysql, and acid (on mandrake
9.0).

Everything seems to be working fine, except it's not outputting to acid.
(i.e acid shows, 0 sensors, 0 alerts, etc)

I have gone through the archives and this problem has happened before,
but nothing seems to have been resolved so far.

The output line in my snort.conf file shows this:

output database: alert, mysql, user=***** password=***** dbname=snort
host=192.168.0.2

The thing I find funny is that having this line, makes the next line
show up in white and coloured writing, (as oppose to blue), even though
it is commented out, I wondered if that had anything to do with
anything?!

I have no errors in mysql error log

Does anyone have any suggestions ?