[Snort-users] Snortcenter and windows

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Mon Apr 14 12:36:04 EDT 2003

Jacob,

If you are only managing one sensor then configuring snortcenter is (IMHO)
an overkill.

You must run Perl, and it's not real complicated to setup.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Snow Jacob C
KPWA
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 12:17 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'

I am just curious if other people out there are running everything on
windows.  I just got my sensor and database to work together and log stuff
and all is well with the world.  I am now trying to install snortcenter v
1.0 to manage my sensor(s) but when I look at the documentation (off their
website) it is asking me to run a perl script.  I don't have a perl
interpreter, and would rather not use perl if I can help it.

Is there a way to set up the agent for 1.0 on a windows machine without
using perl?  Documentation, etc?  I would greatly appreciate some guidance
in this as I am a snort/snortcenter n00b. :-)

Thank you,

Jacob Snow

jacobsc at ...160...

(360)315-3487