[Snort-users] snort 1-9-1 W2K ISDN not working

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Mon Apr 14 11:13:05 EDT 2003

Starting with WinPCap 3.0 beta (Feb. 10 '03), support for NdisWAN has been
disabled. [0]  This kinda kills all Snorting on dial-up connections.

- Christopher

[0] http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/changelog.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: MirkoMaty at ...1820... [mailto:MirkoMaty at ...1820...]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 8:32 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort 1-9-1 W2K ISDN not working

Hi there,

i have installed snort on WinXP and Win2K with Winpcap 3.0. It works fine on
the local ethernet but doesn't track any traffic on my Fritz ISDN card.
After dialing I get the IP adress with Ipconfig and enter it as HOME_NET
like that:
var HOME_NET 217.2.43.108/255.255.255.255
Has anybody an idea how to get that to work?
Mirko

Snort-users list archive: