[Snort-users] Snort Windows - not working with ISDN Adapter

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Mon Apr 14 11:12:08 EDT 2003

Starting with WinPCap 3.0 beta (Feb. 10 '03), support for NdisWAN has been
disabled. [0]  This kinda kills all Snorting on dial-up connections.

- Christopher

[0] http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/changelog.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: MirkoMaty at ...1820... [mailto:MirkoMaty at ...1820...]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:48 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Windows - not working with ISDN Adapter

Hi there,

i have installed snort on WinXP and Win2K with Winpcap 3.0. It works fine on
the local ethernet but doesn't track any traffic on my Fritz ISDN card.
After dialing I look for the IP adress with Ipconfig and enter it as
HOME_NET
like that:
var HOME_NET 217.x.xx.xxx/255.255.255.255
or
var HOME_NET any - which should log the whole traffic.

Has anybody an idea how to get that to work?

I had some trouble to post this message. The message didn't appear in the
mailing list - hope it doesn't appear three times after a while...

Mirko

Snort-users list archive: