[Snort-users] Snort Windows - not working with ISDN Adapter

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Mon Apr 14 09:02:04 EDT 2003

Mirko,

Set:

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108/32

Or

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108

This will ONLY monitor that machine.

HOME_NET 217.2.43.108/24

This will monitor the complete 217.2.43.xxx network (class C)

To choose the NIC to monitor use "snort -W"

Then :

Snort -c <full path>\snort.conf -l <full path>\log -ix

In the above switch -ix the 'x' is the interface that you want snort to
monitor, and using the -W switch will get you a list of avaiable NIC's that
snort may monitor on.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company
 Website: http://www.silicondefense.com

  _____