[Snort-users] snort a Gbps?

Bennett Todd bet at ...6163...
Mon Apr 14 08:33:06 EDT 2003

Just saw something that sounds hot; [1] has a link to [2],
describing Intel's 3GHz P4 with companion Canterwood chipset. What
caught my eye was that, if I understand correctly, this kit is
designed to provide about 2Gbps for the network interface.
Naturally, the CPU is plenty quick, and they also seem to have tried
to juice the memory bandwidth to match. If this performs as claimed,
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if it could really truly snort
a Gbps link, and for cheaper than today's alternatives.

-Bennett

[1] <URL:http://slashdot.org/articles/03/04/14/1111233.shtml?tid=118&tid=137>
[2] <URL:http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/CCAM/p4_3g800_i875.shtml>