[Snort-users] snort 2.0.0rc4 openbsd 3.2 short udp packet complaints

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Mon Apr 14 08:05:07 EDT 2003

robin <mstubbs at ...842...> writes:

> I upgraded snort and I have to admit using the same config as I had
> for snort 1.9.
> Immediately as soon as the new version started it gave out
> messages like 116:97:1 (snort_decoder): Short UDP packet, length field
>> payload length
> (I doubt that this is the case.) It shows values like
> router:0 -> broadcast:0 UDP TTL:2 TOS:0xC0 ID:0 IpLen:20 DgmLen:552
> Len: 504

The decoder bails out quickly when it encounters an error so the print
outs will be less useful than normal.   If you can send me the packet
it alerted on (preferably in PCAP), I will see what was in error.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>