[Snort-users] Snort Windows - not working with ISDN Adapter

Mirko Matytschak MirkoMaty at ...1820...
Mon Apr 14 07:49:09 EDT 2003

Hi there,

i have installed snort on WinXP and Win2K with Winpcap 3.0. It works fine on
the local ethernet but doesn't track any traffic on my Fritz ISDN card.
After dialing I look for the IP adress with Ipconfig and enter it as
HOME_NET
like that:
var HOME_NET 217.x.xx.xxx/255.255.255.255
or
var HOME_NET any - which should log the whole traffic.

Has anybody an idea how to get that to work?

I had some trouble to post this message. The message didn't appear in the
mailing list - hope it doesn't appear three times after a while...

Mirko