[Snort-users] (no subject)

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Mon Apr 14 07:37:05 EDT 2003

Bcc:
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Applied Watch for the Snort IDS is Now Available for Free Download

hmm..

On or about Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 02:44:18AM -0500, Eric Hines posited:
> The Applied Watch Command Center for the Snort IDS is Now Available for
> Free download!
>

> The Applied Watch Command Center; the world's first truly OS-native,
> cross-platform,

"truly OS-native" and yet "cross-platform"!

Isn't that something of an oxymoron?

> Applied Watch ships with Agents, which installs and configures Snort for
> its use,

"Agents"

Oh, good. More little robots doing stuff behind your back.

> This is an unprecedented release that is readily available for immediate
> download.

"Unprecedented"

Yeah. I'll bet. Methinks I detect the faint stench of spam.

> You can download the Applied Watch Command Center from
> http://www.appliedwatch.com
>
> Download it free today!

Others seem to have commented on the "free-ness" of the download..

- John
--
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

    PGP key: http://www.finchhaven.com/pages/gpg_pubkey.html
Fingerprint: C493 9F26 05A9 6497 9800 4EF6 5FC8 F23D 35A4 F705