[Snort-users] capturing arp

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Mon Apr 14 06:31:12 EDT 2003

That's not true; been using NAI Sniffer, Ethereal, etc, to view arp
requests and responses for years. There could be some specific nic
and OS that does not allow capturing, but haven't seen one in 20+
years of doing detailed protocol analysis. The TCP/IP protocol stack
(including the ARP functions) have always been implemented in software
(not hardware).