[Snort-users] Best OS

Ryan Finnesey ryan.finnesey at ...8858...
Sat Apr 12 09:27:03 EDT 2003

I did some cheeking and it looks like the only OS Compaq supports are Red Hat Linux and Windows on the DL 380 G3 and that is what we where going to be running Snot on.  So I need to find out how well Snot runs on Read Hat and windows.

Ryan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Edin Dizdarevic [mailto:edin.dizdarevic at ...7509...]
	Sent: Fri 4/11/2003 11:52 PM
	To: Ryan Finnesey
	Cc: snort-users
	Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Best OS

	Hi,

	hard to tell but as far as I'm informed Snort is being developped on
	FreeBSD and Sourcefire is deploying it on OpenBSD (right?), or something
	like that. So these OS' may be the first ones you want to look at. I use
	it on Linux boxes and that`s fine for me so far.

	Nevertheless use the OS you're most familiar with. Using OS you don't
	know may be dangerous due to the possible misconfiguration.

	Regards,

	Edin

	--
	Edin Dizdarevic