[Snort-users] Best OS

Fri Apr 11 23:53:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

hard to tell but as far as I'm informed Snort is being developped on
FreeBSD and Sourcefire is deploying it on OpenBSD (right?), or something
like that. So these OS' may be the first ones you want to look at. I use
it on Linux boxes and that`s fine for me so far.

Nevertheless use the OS you're most familiar with. Using OS you don't
know may be dangerous due to the possible misconfiguration.

Regards,

Edin

--
Edin Dizdarevic