[Snort-users] SNORT-1.9.0 problem with wireless network inte rface - network ge ts disabled

Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS) Pradeep.Sadanapalli at ...8430...
Thu Apr 10 14:17:02 EDT 2003

I even tried to run it with -p option, but in vain.
What else may be the problem?

Thanks,
Pradeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:jcoppock1 at ...4371...]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 2:29 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] SNORT-1.9.0 problem with wireless network
interface - network ge ts disabled

Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS), 2003-Apr-10 11:54 -0500:
> Hi Friends,
> I have posted this problem earlier also, but still I got struct at
that
> point.
>
> I am running Red Hat 8.0 on my Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am using
> Lucent Orinoco and Prism II based PCMCIA wireless network card ( eth1
),
> with its driver
> orinoco-0.13 version. My laptop has also got internal NIC - 3COM 3c590
(
> eth0 ).

You may want to try using the -p option to turn off promiscuous mode
sniffing.  Perhaps that is causing the problem, just a guess though.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User

debugger
for complex code. Debugging C/C++ programs can leave you feeling lost
and
disoriented. TotalView can help you find your way. Available on major
UNIX