[Snort-users] snort+mysql+acid question

Matt Yackley Matt.Yackley at ...5858...
Thu Apr 10 13:06:09 EDT 2003

Harish,
Sounds like a problem that I had when setting the password for the MySQL
accounts.  When you entered the >set password for
'root'@'localhost'=password('yourpassword'
<mailto:'root'@'localhost'=password('yourpassword'> ); did you type that or
did you try something like >set password for 'root'@'localhost'=password
<mailto:'root'@'localhost'=password 'yourpassword'> 'yourpassword';

That was what I did at first, took me a minute to figure out what I had done
wrong, in my great wisdom I thought that the password string looked wrong so
I changed it.....try resetting the passwords and privileges "exactly" as
shown in Steven's document.

HTH

-matt

  _____

From: Harish S [mailto:skb_harish at ...131...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:55 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,

I have been following Steven Scott's tutorial on installing ACID and Snort
on Red Hat 7.3 .When I tried to open my acid_index.php(as
http://127.0.0.1/acid/acid_index.php <http://127.0.0.1/acid/acid_index.php>
) I get the following error:

Warning:Access denied for user:root at ...274... (using Password:Yes) in
/var/www/html/adodb-mysql-inc.php on line 229

Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Harish

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/mailsig/*http://tax.yahoo.com>
Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more