[Snort-users] SNORT-1.9.0 problem with wireless network interface - network ge ts disabled

Jeff jcoppock1 at ...4371...
Thu Apr 10 12:30:03 EDT 2003

Sadanapalli, Pradeep Kumar (MED, TCS), 2003-Apr-10 11:54 -0500:
> Hi Friends,
> I have posted this problem earlier also, but still I got struct at that
> point.
>
> I am running Red Hat 8.0 on my Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am using
> Lucent Orinoco and Prism II based PCMCIA wireless network card ( eth1 ),
> with its driver
> orinoco-0.13 version. My laptop has also got internal NIC - 3COM 3c590 (
> eth0 ).

You may want to try using the -p option to turn off promiscuous mode
sniffing.  Perhaps that is causing the problem, just a guess though.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User